Thursday, September 22, 2011

Amelia, Here We Come!

Today is the day...we'll be on a jet plane heading to our daughter's birth country in just 5 hours!!!!  Ok, I had to take 10 deep breaths before writing more - did I say 5 hours?!!!  As I write this, my heart is filled with excitement and my mind is spinning with last minute details.  Ben is weighing the suitcases and as I write this, I'm yelling out to him "Yes, I really do NEED to bring that pair of shoes for Amelia and yes, I NEED to bring those 10 dresses and 10 hairbowes!"  Yes, I admit, I'm bringing about three times as many clothes for Amelia than I am for myself...but they're all so small - that's my excuse anyways!  So, Amelia and I each have a suitcase of our own and then the boys, being typical boys, have quite easily fit all of their stuff together into one suitcase :). 

I want to give you a tentative itinerary of our upcoming adventure, so here it is:

September 22nd, 3:45pm:  Depart for Hong Kong
September 23rd:  Layover in Hong Kong overnight
September 24th:  Depart for Beijing
September 24th/25th:  Tour Great Wall & Forbidden City
September 25th:  Depart for Zhengzhou--Amelia's province
September 26th:  GOTCHA DAY!  We'll meet Amelia and she will immediately come into our custody!
September 26-30th:  Tour Amelia's province; wait for Amelia's passport processing
September 30:  Receive passport; Depart for Shenzhen
September 30-October 6:  Tour Schenzhen & Hong Kong (this is the period of the Chinese national holiday-Festival of the Moon)
October 6:  Depart for Guangzhou
October 6-13th:  Complete adoption process (ie paperwork, medical review, consulate appointment)
October 13th:  Depart for Home Sweet Home Chicago
Forever Home ETA:  October 13th, 2:00pm!

We are so excited!  Big Brother Liam's first trip across the world begins TODAY--with the destination of a lifetime...to get his forever baby sister, our very own sweet Amelia Mei!





Hold on tight sweet Amelia Mei...your Forever Finney Family is coming for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. kerry this is a test-colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry and Ben-excuse your pathetic aunts for our inability to post comments! Think I've got it now! Hope you got sleep on the flight. Anxiously awaiting updates!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone trying to post should know that you have to hit "preview" first and then after they type in their name they will have to verify by typing in the "warped word" displayed-then post comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kerry, Ben and Liam - I am so happy for you and excited to be sharing this journey with you guys again!! Miss Amelia is just adorable -cannot wait to meet her in person!! Have a safe trip and treasure every minute of it. Looking forward to updates and more pictures. BTW - the link on this blog to your "Liam Journey" is not working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....still learning...momo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike and I are so happy that you arrived safely and enjoyed the flight..We cant wait to read the next blog entry!! We love you guys sooo much and I feel the blog addiction setting in again!! Love, momo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad everyone had a great flight. Can't wait to hear about great wall, etc. and how Liam like China. Thinking of you all the time. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finney Family, Gods precious little miracle is just a few days away from forever in your arms now. Try to getting on China time tonight and get a really good nights sleep!! The real fun is just a little over a day away now and you are about to see God's beautiful plan unfold. I am praying for you all in Arizona and so excited to see precious Amelia in your arms!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete