Saturday, November 5, 2011

Amelia's Homecoming Song

My 4-Ever Family Found!
Performed to the Melody of “If I Only Had A Brain”
by the Collins Family Singers at Amelia’s Homecoming Party on 10-23-11

My Cinderella Story
Is filled with tears and glory
A fairytale come true
So sit down and have a listen
Make sure nobody is missin’
And I’ll share it all with you…

On 9-26 -11
A special gift from heaven
Was sent to me …..Chun Mei
That’s when my life changed forever
And my family came together
‘Twas my fateful “Gotcha Day!”

Oh I cannot deny
That at first I found them strange
But before long my mind changed
And my whole life was rearranged!

Each moment they were loggin’
Up half the night with bloggin’
And Uno in the dark
Surely made for strange bedfellows
But eventually I mellowed
And I opened up my heart!

Now there’s big brother Liam
You’ve really gotta see him
He’s tall with golden hair
Kodak moments he is makin’
‘Cuz there’s simply no escapin’
Paparazzi when he’s near!

Oh I just don’t know why
My mom and dad chose me
Was it simply meant to be?
A stroke of luck? Or destiny?

It may be ‘cuz I’m pretty
Intelligent and witty
With beautiful brown eyes
But whatever their reason
I’m not jestin’, I’m not teasin’
I’m just happy to oblige!

Their hair is gold like honey
They all talk kinda funny
Their eyes are big and round
But despite all their oddness
I’ve developed quite a fondness
Feet still haven’t touched the ground!
Adaptable I’ll be …
In the land of the brave and free
Go from rice to mac and cheese
And from Chinese…
 To ABC’s!

Oh, I feel like I’m spinnin’
But life is just beginnin’
For as Confucius say …
“Journey of a thousand miles
starts with single step” and I will
take that single step today!

Now you may not like flyin’
But there is no denyin’
Free miles are the key
‘Cuz on Cathay Pacific
Business class was just terrific
Even had my own TV!

So now I’m sure you see
What my new life means to me
I am just so blessed to be
Part of the Finney Family!

I’ve got grandparents for spoilin’
And cousins for enjoyin’
And aunts who sing and rhyme
I’ve got uncles and my mother
And my daddy and my brother
Who’s on Minnesota time!

My bedroom’s like a palace
A princess would be jealous
It’s brown and pink and green
With a closet full of dresses
Matching ribbons for my tresses
It’s the wardrobe of my dreams!

Oh how I love to be
Amelia Finney
My incredible journey
The thread of red
My destiny!

By anybody’s measure
My family’s a treasure
Their lovin’ has no bounds
Simply nothin’ could be fin-a
Even all the tea in Chin-a
My 4-Ever Family Found!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's been a long time since I have checked in, I'm so sorry about that, this is a crazy time of year and add an adoption.... crazier!!
    Anyway, I see no post for a long time and felt the need to make sure you were all doing ok and hanging in there with the new normal! I hope you are getting lots of time with the new baby and that she is doing well!! Mary

    ReplyDelete